8 more killed in DI Khan as rains continue to batter KP, taking province’s death toll to 406 – Pakistan

At least eight people were killed when the strong downpour hit the district of Ismail Khan of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, taking the total death number of death related to the rain in the province from August 15 to 406, the rescue 1122 said on Sunday.

The record rains in KP, which began on August 15, have wreaked havoc in different parts of the province. Last week, the provincial government declared an emergency when torrential rains devastated the houses, moved to families and left a trace of destruction through Buner, Swat, Shangla, Mansehra and beyond.

On Thursday, the Provincial Disaster Authority of KP (PDMA) issued a notice, predicting generalized rains in the province from August 22 to 26.

Di Khan Rescue 1122 spokesman, in a statement, said that “torrential rains charged the lives of eight people in Di Khan last night”, while 48 people were injured in collapse incidents of the ceiling throughout the city, according to a PDMA report.

According to the 1122 rescue statement, “heavy rains and strong winds caused generalized damage to infrastructure as multiple incidents of damage to trees, walls and solar panels were reported.”

1122 rescue teams were “actively involved in rescue operations in affected areas,” said the statement, since all injured people were transferred from nearby hospitals.

The rescue teams were working to eliminate the debris of the damage caused by the great flood, the statement added.

Detailing the rescue efforts, the emergency officers engineer of the Fasihullah district said: “Our top priority is the protection of citizens, and we are using all the resources available in the rescue operation.”

The death toll from KP’s death since August 15 increases to 406

According to the latest data issued by KP PDMA, the rains last night in Di Khan have taken the number of deaths related to the rain of the province from August 15 to August 15, which includes 305 men, 55 women and 46 children.

The PDMA report said that 247 people have been injured in rain -related incidents throughout the province, of which 175 are men, 38 women and 30 children.

Since August 15, a total of 3,526 houses have been damaged due to sudden rains and floods. The number of people displaced in the Buner district with a hard blow is in 337, while 46 people were displaced in Swabi.

The PDMA spokesman has advised the public to communicate with the authority’s help line in 1700 in case of emergency or climate updates.

The PDMA emergency operation center is still fully functional, added the spokesman.

On Friday, the National Authority for Disaster Management (NDMA) issued a red alert, urging provincial and district administrations to prepare for possible floods, since a new monzonic spell has been forecast to tie the country from August 23 to 29.

According to NDMA data, at least 788 people have died and more than 1,000 have been injured in incidents related to rain and sudden floods since the beginning of the Monzón season on June 25.

The monsoon rains, which fall throughout the region from June to September of each year, continue to open many parts of the country. From the end of June, monsoon rains have wreaked havoc throughout the country in the last month by triggering mortal floods, landslides and displacements, particularly in vulnerable areas, poorly drained or densely populated.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *