2 more arrested in connection with death of Sam Nordquist, transgender man tortured and killed in New York


Two more suspects were accused in relation to the death of Sam Nordquist, the transgender man who was tortured and killed in New York earlier this month.

In an update on Friday, the New York State Police announced the arrests of Kimberly L. Sochia, 29, from Canandaigua; and Thomas G. Eaves, 21, from Geneva on Thursday night.

Both suspects were accused of second degree murder with depraved indifference. They were prosecuted and sent to the Ontario County prison waiting for a reading of charges, state police said in the update.

A total of seven people have now been accused in relation to Nordquist’s death. The State Police announced second -degree murder charges against another five on February 14.

The New York State Police launched an investigation of missing persons for Nordquist, 24, from Minnesota, after his family requested a well -being control.

On February 13, the police said they discovered that human remains were believed to be Nordquist in New York, near the reports, stayed.

A state police spokesman said that the case is being investigated as a homicide at a press conference on February 14, and added that the evidence points to the fact that Nordquist was the “victim of a criminal act.”

Sam Nordquist.New York State Police

Captain Kelly Swift with the New York State Police said at the press conference that they have not ruled out the possibility that this case is a hate crime.

Nordquist “was subjected to continuous physical abuse” between December 2024 and February 2025, police said, citing evidence discovered in the investigation.

“Sam underwent repeated acts of violence and torture in a way that finally led to his death,” Swift said at the press conference. “His body was transported in an attempt to hide the crime.”

Nordquist’s mother suggested that her death was preventable if local authorities had “done their job.”

She told NBC News that months before the remains of her son, her family requested two well -being checks with the police in Canandaigua, New York.

“Sam can be alive today if they had done their job,” he said through tears.

Linda Nordquist said her son left his home in Oakdale, Minnesota, in September to visit his former co -fellow Arzuaga, whom he met online and is one of the five initial suspects accused in his death. From there, he said that his son’s calls dispersed or also made Arzuaga in the call.

On December 4, he said that he received an distressing email from the Department of Social Services of Ontario Count House and who was trying to create an “escape plan,” said the DSS, according to Linda.

He never appeared to the DSS appointment scheduled for December 19. She said she spoke with her son after that and said she was “good,” and the last time he heard him was by text message on January 31.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *