• Terrorists cry two vehicles loaded with explosives at acantonation doors; Six dead shots
• The dead include children and women; More than 20 injured, including 10 troops
• Mosque collapse, collapse due to the intensity of the explosions, several buried under the rubble
Lakki Marwat: At least 11 people, five women and four children, lost their lives and 22 wounds suffered after the terrorists rammed two vehicles loaded with explosives in the perimeter of Bannu’s acantonation in an attempt to enter the high security zone, on Tuesday night.
Sources said Sunrise That six attackers were also killed in sending a shooting, which took place in the jurisdiction of the Bannu Acantoning Police Station.
The militants exploited the vehicles at the door after being intercepted by the security personnel, published at the entrance to the Acantonation area.
Official sources said the explosions were followed by “an un specified number of militants” that tried to infiltrate the camp, which resulted in a shooting. “The attack began at 6:30 pm, minutes after Ifar. Militants fired role and grenades during the attack; They have taken additional troops and SSG commands to the area, ”added the statement.
The sources also confirmed the number of deaths and injured, including 10 security men. The injured were evacuated to the DHQ and KGN hospitals in Bannu, while the injured troops were transferred to the CMH.
Six militants were killed by the security forces at various entrance points of the clue, the sources said, and added that the rest of the attackers had been surrounded by the security forces.
According to a source, the Jaish–Fursan Muhammad, a faction of the Hafiz Gul Bahadur group, the responsibility of the attack on social networks was attributed. However, the claim could not be verified independently.
Several houses collapse
Due to the intensity of the explosions, the ceilings and the walls of several houses in the neighborhood they collapsed, burying more than a dozen people under the rubble. According to the reports, a mosque adjacent to the entrance of the cliff also yielded and several worshipers were trapped under the rubble. Rescue efforts were underway to recover them from debris.
A rescue official said that medical teams together with ambulances were sent to the area to launch a rescue operation. “People are trapped under the debris of destroyed houses and a mosque and rescuers are trying to get them out,” he added.
An official of the District Administration said that the total number of victims could not be confirmed yet, since until now nine dead and 22 injured had been reported by hospitals. They said the emergency had been declared in all hospitals, and doctors and paramedics had been called service. The media wing of the Pakistan army, public relations between services, had not issued an official statement when this report went to the press.
Bannu has witnessed several militant attacks in recent months.
Last year, on October 14, five militants with Burkas and suicide vests were killed when four police officers hugged martyrdom into an attempt to frustrate an attack of weapons and bombs against the police lines of IQBAL Shaheed. On November 20 of last year, 12 troops were martyred in a suicidal attack in a security control post in the Mali Khel area of the district. On February 8, this year, two police officers were martyred when the terrorists attacked a police post in the district Fatehkhel area.
PM expresses pain
In a statement, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif paid tribute to security forces and expressed sadness and pain for the martyrdom of innocent civilians in the incident. He prayed for the highest ranks of the martyrs and patience for their families and the rapid recovery of the injured in the incident.
“The cowardly terrorists who go to innocent civilians in the sacred month of Ramazan do not deserve any concession,” said the prime minister. The forbidden Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan is the enemy of Pakistan and his evil intentions could never succeed.
In a separate statement, KP’s government spokesman Barríster Saif said that all attackers had been killed by security forces. “The roof of a nearby mosque collapsed as a result of the explosions, causing the martyrdom of the faithful,” he said, added that the total number of those murdered was being determined.
He said that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s prime minister Ali Amin Gandapur had issued instructions for an investigation into the incident, adding that the provincial government shared the pain of families and martyrs.
Posted in Dawn, March 5, 2025